About The Chamber
The Grand Junction Area Chamber of Commerce's mission is to represent business and promote a vision of economic growth.
At the heart of the local economy and the backbone of the nation's economy, you'll find a chamber of commerce. Celebrating and promoting the diversity and uniqueness of their communities, chambers of commerce form the fabric of America.
What is a Chamber?
Chambers of commerce are business and community associations, generally incorporated as a 501(c)(6) business. Chambers of commerce are not part of local, state, or federal government, though chambers do often partner with government to accomplish the chamber mission.
Chambers of commerce are funded by membership dues as well as non-dues items such as events, sponsorships, contracts, and sales of various products and services. The vast majority of chamber membership rolls are small businesses - businesses with fewer than 20 to 35 employees, on average.
Today’s chamber of commerce, rather than being narrowly focused on one particular industry, issue, cause, or activity, focus on a broad range of activities and support for both businesses and communities.
What do Chambers Do?
Chambers of commerce provide opportunities for members to make an impact on critical business and community issues. Together with other talented leaders in business, community, and government, chamber members and professional staff work to make the community a better place to work, live, and play by:
- Provide networking opportunities
- Act as the voice of small business
- Strengthen the local economy
- Promote the community
- Work to insure a friendly business climate
But chambers not only address economic issues, they provide leadership in civic and social programming as well. Chambers address community issues such as health care concerns, education, transportation, workforce quality and availability, housing, and crime with innovative programs, research, coalition-building, and more.
A strong dynamic business community benefits the entire community. Chambers directly involve themselves in the community to create the environment where people want to live and work.
Top Ten Reasons to Join the Grand Junction Area Chamber of Commerce
1. Networking and new business contacts to help your business grow
2. Credibility to make a statement that you are committed to the future of Mesa County
3. Government advocacy
4. Discounts and benefits to help you save some money
5. Educational opportunities / professional development to help you run a smarter, more profitable business
6. Promote the community to help Mesa County residents enjoy more opportunity
7. Referrals and sales opportunities to deliver return on your investment
8. Publicity and heightened name recognition so customers know who you are
9. Targeted, effective and affordable advertising to help you advertise effectively on a small budget
10. Create a strong local economy to keep our business momentum moving forward
Address: 360 Grand Avenue
Grand Junction, CO 81501
Hours: M-F 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Phone: 970-242-3214 or 800-352-5286
The Chamber is always open for feedback. Send us your comments today!